1) Articles about church politics and the Bishop of Rome, and liturgical polemic in all its forms
2) All news as reported by the media
3) The advance of equality - any kind of equality
4) Improving performance and "service" in my hospital workplace
5) Conversations about eating out, moving house, schools, weekends, holidays etc.
6) Diets - vegan, gluten-free, yeast-free, lactose-free - all diets whatsoever they be
7) The gymnasium, and exercise programs, as a way to get fit, get a certain body shape etc.
8) Professional sport, above all interviews with sportsmen
9) Trying to gain psychological insight into oneself
10) Trying not to look and sound utterly bored by all of the above
No. 10 means that most of my daily conversations have become very brief, thank heaven.